Jaydiohead is cooler than you

Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 by J.Paul

by J.Paul

Just a quick update with the coolest fucking thing I've seen in awhile. Jaydiohead. Jay-Z rapping over Radiohead music in the first mashup I can admit to really liking.  A lot.  Ok, an obscene amount of like is oozing out of me directed right at this thing.  Minty Fresh Beats put it all together and really doesn't need my help spreading the word as he got a mention on Carson Daly's wretched show not long after he was done with this project.  I just want to gush.




Pure genius in my not-so-humble opinion.  Can't believe I missed this when it first got released back in January of 2009. Guess I'm more out of touch than I could have imagined. Regardless, I've never been a Jay-Z fan but I realize now that the guy is a total badass. His rise to prominence happened as I was smack dab in the middle of my ubar-punk rock phase, also known as adolescence. So for me, he was a non-entity as I totally rejected popular music in it's entirety without giving any of it a chance. Very punk by the standards of the unenlightened portion of that subculture I suppose, but certainly not fucking cool in the wider music geek circle I find myself in currently. What this mashup is going to inspire me to do is finally give the man a chance. I'll be something like 12 years late to the party but I don't mind.

Radiohead; what can I say? I love the fuck out of them.  Enjoy.

Source: http://jaydiohead.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hey I'm glad you like my Jaydiohead project! Check out the t-shirts: www.jaydiohead.com/shirts

    also, i did another remix project w/the beastie boys that you might be into it www.doublecheckyourhead.com

    anyway, thanks for writing!
    -max

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Max! All my friends are really digging both projects, so please keep up the good work. We would be stoked to interview you about your work. Please contact me at SonicScumbag@gmail.com if that's something you'd be up for.

    J.Paul

    ReplyDelete