The New Messengers

Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2010 by J.Paul

Sometimes you stumble across a band when you're in a bathroom at a bar. This was one of those times. Last Sunday at Cole's during Cinema Minima I saw a poster for The New Messengers and really decided that I liked their name and that I needed to check them out. I typed them into Google on my phone and went back to watching "Raising Arizona." Fast forward almost a week and I'm finally checking out these Chicago locals. Well, I'm happy to report that I am definitely digging their low key, lo-fi, approachable, and unpretentious indie rock. Give 'em a listen here:

<a href="http://thenewmessengers.bandcamp.com/album/cyclery">Mountaintop by the New Messengers</a>

Here's their site, standout tracks include all of them. Go!

1 comment:

  1. We're mastering a new ep tomorrow for download as early as the weekend. Email me and I can forward links, etc.

    --Clarence
    the new messengers
    taxirecs (at ) gmail (d ot) com

    ReplyDelete